Thursday, April 21, 2011

Postcards My Sister Sent - The Museum

I get this feeling that my sister thinks I am in need of more culture.  She is widely travelled and has lived in several countries.  She immerses herself in the culture of the country when she is there.  Does that explain why she sends me postcards from museums?

The Shipwreck by J. M. W. Turner  1805
This hangs in the Tate Gallery
Was bequeathed by the artist to the gallery in 1865
A collection of Turner works is housed at the gallery. 
I was lucky enough to view some of these when they visited Toronto, Ontario in the early 1980's.

Moise devant le Buisson Ardent
Marc Chagall
Musee National Message Biblique
 Nice,France

Paysage anthropomorphe.  Portrait de femme.
Brussels, Belgium

1 comment:

  1. Haha those are great. I love all those paintings I guess I should since I sent them. I better get out and travel somewhere soon so your collection of postcards from me keeps growing lol

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment is like sending a postcard; we'd love to hear from you.