Friday, April 8, 2011

Post Card Friendship Friday - Remembering Friends


What a great picture of the Colosseum.  I have not been there myself, though this picture makes me want to hop a plane.  This card was sent by my best friend Julie Ann while she was in Italy for her honeymoon.  It would have been sent in May of 1993.  She wrote that she was sunbathing at the Trevi Fountain as she was writing.  Unfortunately my friend passed away almost three years ago.  I felt this would be a lovely way to pay tribute to her memory.

Postcard Friendship Friday is hosted by the Best Hearts are Crunchy.

7 comments:

  1. A few days ago I wouldn't have known what the Trevi Fountain was. Yesterday I learned about it in an art class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful postcard and beautiful way to remember your friend. happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. |I can imagine Julie Ann in the sunshine at the fountain :) lovely thought. Good thing you have kept all the postcards that friends and family have sent , they are good memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure she's happy that you are sharing with us pleasant memories of her.

    Have a nice weekend.


    Postcards Crossing

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Colosseum is truly incredible, as is all of Rome. What a fantastic place for your friend to go on holiday, and you have a lovely card to remember her by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful postcard and great that you was able to keep it all these years, well done! i love to see that place someday! i bet julie ann is smiling now...have a great weekend! -Postcrossing Mom

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment is like sending a postcard; we'd love to hear from you.