Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Four in One cards

 This is my first postcards for the 350 Postcard Challenge.  These were started last year, but for some reason got pushed to the side.  Unfortunately I didn't take photos of the process, but I will repeat it at some point this year and document the entire thing.  Using scraps, I made four pieced units, each larger than 4 x 6 inches.  After pressing, I layered and pinned them on top of each other.
Using a rotary cutter, I then cut them into 4 sections.  I resorted everything, so that I had a different colour combination showing in each section.  These were then fused to the heavy interfacing.  For these two cards I used a machine embroidery thread for the stitching.  I completed two of the set earlier, and for the embroidery I used regular sewing thread and the result was a much heavier look.
 
The original two cards are shown on the left, and the ones I recently completed are on the right.

1 comment:

  1. Muito bons! Belo trabalho! Parabéns!
    Um abraço!
    Very good! Nice job! Congratulations!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment is like sending a postcard; we'd love to hear from you.