Friday, September 23, 2011

Post Card Friendship Friday - Library Renewal



While I was unpacking some boxes of books from my husband's grandfather, this postcard fell out of one of them.  It is noting that a book he had borrowed for a test had been renewed for two weeks.  I don't know if it was for a test he was taking or one he was giving to his students.

I hadn't come across a card like this before and thought it was interesting.  Hope that you enjoy it.


For more postcard fun, be sure to visit Beth at The Best Hearts are Crunchy for Postcard friendShip Friday.

5 comments:

  1. How interesting! I haven't seen anything quite like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant imagine the libraries sending out postcards these days. The postage would cost to much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Back in the days when telephones weren't all that reliable (still) ... party lines and all. Post was the best! Great find! Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish it's still the way it was until now. I think I might be too old-fashioned but I really prefer burying my head in a book at a cool corner in a library or being a couch potato w/ a book w/ yellowed-edges than displaying an e-book reader in some expensive coffee shop in town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting card - we do not have something like this back home. I love the postmarks, too, especially the "Drive Safe" mark :D

    Postcards Crossing

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment is like sending a postcard; we'd love to hear from you.