Friday, August 5, 2011

Post Card friendship Friday - Wild Life


I received this post card from my godfather when he was on a photo safari in Kenya in 1981.  Great note he put on the back:
Jambo(Hi In Swahili) Luv
You've got to get here someday, it is fantastic.  Last night we watched buffalo, rhinos, bucks, pigs and hyenas from our balconey (less than 100' away). This morning we took pictures of elephants 25' away from an underground blind.  Love the people, the climate and the scenery.  Today we are at the foot of Mt. Kenya, the second highest mountain in Africa, staying at the most decadent place you have ever seen.  Tomorrow we're off to Somburo to see lions, leopards, gnus etc..  Food is superb, wine is plentiful and company pleasant.


Interested in continuing your virtual travels around the world and through time, then hop on over to visit with Beth at The Best Hearts are Crunchy and join in Postcard friendship Friday.

3 comments:

  1. I must admit I would love to see a sight like that. You're right, the message is great, it gives a real feel for what it was like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I'd love to see a sight like that, also. Nice god-father! Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jambo! - Indeed wonderful to see this. Happy memories for me, as we got married in Kenya in 1994. In fact I am going to spend some time in the study later today looking at our holiday pictures and the scrapbook I made when we got home. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment is like sending a postcard; we'd love to hear from you.