The fabrics are nice the way they are, but I know they can look better with a bit of added stitching and some shiny embroidery threads.
For this one, I outline stitched around the bars and around the mr. Goodbar writing.
Lots of top stitching. I used a grey embroidery thread to emphasize Hershey's. I started at the bottom of the H and continued across not cutting the threads between each letter, instead, I used a brown sharpie marker to colour the grey thread between letters. You can spot just a dot of grey between the bottom of the E and the R. This card has been mailed out to ?
I use an embroidery foot to free hand most of the stitching, for some of the longer straight lines I use the regular foot and the feed dogs to more the card.
This is such a nice print, that it really didn't need much. I used black thread to outline various aspects of the shoes and grey for the balls.
Years ago, I made a pillow case with this fabric.
I used some ideas from Zentangles to fill in the stars. Yellow, orange, green and red threads were used.
I was given a piece of this fabric that a friend had left from a quilt. it's shown up in a few of my craft items over the years.
I wanted to emphasis a few of the features. I used a thread painting technique to over stitch the heart, the alien, and the word love. I also re-embroidered around the word whatever. It used to be the bright blue that shows in the middle of the letter a.