Friday, June 10, 2011

Post Card Friendship Friday - Hobbies

The postal strike is still moving around the country.  Today they have selected my area for their rotating strike.  Great day to take some time and write out a few cards.  The posties will be good an relaxed by Monday when they go back on the job here and can pick up the card then.

This one is going to my best friend's mom.  My friend passed away 3 years ago, though I stay in touch with her family.  I've known then since grade school and they are like family.

Her mother used to be a wonderful knitter and seamstress.  Unfortunately Parkinson's Disease has gotten in the way of those pastimes.  I hope that she will enjoy this card.

Postcard Friendship Friday is hosted by Beth at The Best Hearts are Crunchy.  Hop on over to view an assortment of new and antique postcards from around the world.

7 comments:

  1. You must live in Canada, the land of the Almight Loonie! Yup. Those postal workers, again. It's enough to drive more people to using electronic means to communicate, ya know? LOL. Nice card, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I see Penguin's little penguin on the front. Perhaps he knits in his off time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ask my friend who lives in canada and she said so far, her town isn't affected by the postal strike. Hope you they get back to work so you can send your postcards. I wish someone will give this postcard to me. My entry for Postcard Friendship Friday is up - My PPF Entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet your friends mother really likes this card. How thoughtful of you to stay in touch. Happy PFF

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card for sure the receiver would appreciate this. So nice of you to be in touch with her. I don't know how to knit myself but I'm pretty good at crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen that one before. It makes a really good card. I do hope your strikes will finish soon

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment is like sending a postcard; we'd love to hear from you.