Saturday, June 18, 2011

Post Card Friendship Friday - Happy Father's Day

This was hard, trying to find a postcard for Father's Day.  I wanted something masculine.  Johnny Canuck finally leaped out of my postcard box.  He told me he was tired of living there in the dark and that he wanted to go live somewhere else.  He wanted to go live with a dad.

Who is Johnny Canuck?  According to Wikipedia:
Johnny Canuck was a Canadian cartoon hero and superhero who was created as a political cartoon in 1869 and was later re-invented, most notably as a Second World War action hero in 1942. The Vancouver Canucks, a professional ice hockey team in the National Hockey League (NHL), currently use a lumberjack rendition of Johnny Canuck as one of their team logos.

The stamp on the reverse of the postcard is an image of the front.  This is a real stamp, not just printed on the card.

One commenter on this post will win this card.  Please note that I will only mail this card to a father.  If the winner is not a father, I would ask that he or she send me the name and address of a father that they would like to receive the card.  Open internationally.  I will mail this card once the postal strike is over.  Contest closes next friday.
Are you looking for more postcard friendliness, then pop on over to The Best Hearts are Crunchy, where Beth is hosting Postcard Friendship Friday.

5 comments:

  1. He reminds me of Dan Dare - that sort of style.

    It must be really bad having no post at all now. I hope the strikes ends soon.

    Count me out of the draw because I've been a lucky winner in the past, and the dads in my family wouldn't appreciate the card the way that it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! I'm not a father, but had to comment on how much I enjoyed this post! Great color. Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool! I've been looking from my collection if I have a father's day postcard but to no avail. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. I got your inukshuk postcard. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This contest is now closed. Winner to be drawn today and contacted directly.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment is like sending a postcard; we'd love to hear from you.