Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fabric Postcards: My Mom is Terrific

Nancy and I have missed you these past few weeks.  She has been here in Ontario due to a death in the family.  She's back at her home now.   Slowly we are getting back to a new normal.

Today I want to share two postcards that my mother made for me.  This first one she hand delivered in early June.  It measures about 4 x 8 inches.  To me this is a very dreamy image.  I want to know about the fountain and the lovely garden that is surrounding it.

Mom held on to this one for a few weeks, and mailed it once the mail strike was over.  It was made specially for our 24th wedding anniversary.  I don't know if she used a variegated mauve and purple thread or if she used two strands together.

I am looking forward to visiting with my postcard friends for Postcard Friendship Friday later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment is like sending a postcard; we'd love to hear from you.