Monday, May 16, 2011

Win this postcard

This is a postcard of an inuksuk which is a stone landmark used by the peoples in the arctic regions of North America.

You may have seen a similar statue recently used as the symbol for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games.

If you would like this postcard please comment and tell me why. Next Monday I will choose a winner from the entries and sent this in the mail.

I just received this lovely postcard from Panama in the mail. My best friend Renee is traveling with her husband through central America and now South America. When she saw this postcard she knew she had to send it to me. All the girls in our family are sewers. Our mom taught us at a young age how to make our own clothes. You may have seen the fabric postcards that my mom sends to me and my sister that we have posted.


Looks very nice to be sitting outside in the Sunshine sewing an outfit. Though for this lady she probably does it to support her family not just for pleasure as I do.



7 comments:

  1. those are both wonderful cards. Good luck to those entering to win the inukshuk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty! I would love to received this postcard. My mom sews curtains and table cloths. sometimes shorts when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Innuksuks!! They remind me of great times hiking with my family and we would build our own! Us kids beleived Dad when he told us we would use them to find our way back to the truck -ha! We never seemed to take the same route back but boy, they were something to see. I wonder what the other hikers thought of them??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how the humans before built something interesting and amazing such as this inukshuk. I wish I can travel from Alaska to Greenland to be able to see this. I think I am an explorer at heart. I would love to received this postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - fantastic postcards!
    I have always been fascinated by indigenous peoples and rock/stone formations, such as the Stonehenge and the Inukshuk. I marveled at stories of travelers/adventurers who ventured into the Canadian Arctic describing unique rock formations and stones resembling the shape of a human with outstretched arms and how these are used by the Inuits to communicate amongst themselves. I already have the commemorative stamp (mint), and would love to have this to complete my collection as I do not have a postcard of an Inukshuk yet :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

    Postcards Crossing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never knew about inukshuks until this post. Thank you, I went on to read about them, what a wonderful history.

    Love the beautiful post card of the Panamanian lady sewing on the vintage machine.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment is like sending a postcard; we'd love to hear from you.