Sunday, January 16, 2011

PostCrossing.com

Do you like to receive mail?  Isn't it great to open your mailbox and find a colourful postcard from a far off country.  If you want to increase your chances of this happening then I recommend that you join PostCrossing.com.   It's a worldwide organization that brings together like minded people, all of whom enjoy both sending and receiving postcards.  I have been a member there for over two years, though I haven't sent all that many cards.  I have totally enjoyed those I received and generally stick them on my fridge for a few weeks to enjoy before they are stored away.

My sister challenged me in November to send a postcard each week, which I did, but I haven't sent any via PostCrossing since.  Today that has changed.  I have registered to send the following:

This covered bridge is located a mere eight kilometres away.  It is the last bridge of it's type in Ontario.  It will be travelling to Germany.

This card features the world famous CN tower. For decades it was the tallest free standing building in the world.  Alas, that record has been broken in recent years.  It will be travelling to a young collector in The Netherlands.

1 comment:

  1. Heather i read your description of the West Montrose brdige and at first i thought the bridge was travelling to Germany, i was picturing them dismantling the bridge and shipping it to Germany, then i realised you meant the postcard was travelling to Germany. lol

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment is like sending a postcard; we'd love to hear from you.