Friday, April 25, 2014

The Streets of Leipzig

 
When I was at university, I studied environmental studies and geography.  One of my specialties was mapping.  At that point, digital maps were still in their infancy, almost all maps were still made manually.  Even though I don't work in that field, I still maintain a passion for nicely made maps.  This one from Leipzig is beautiful.  A good use of colour, clear lines, and the name placement is exceptionally well done.  I hate it when names are placed up side down.  A traveller could easily use this postcard for navigating in this area.
 
Every spring, Leipzig hosts a huge book fair.  That is something I would love to attend.
 
 
For more postal fun, visit with Beth at The Best Hearts are Crunchy for her Postcard Friendship Friday post.  She invites you to add a link to your current postcard post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment is like sending a postcard; we'd love to hear from you.