Tuesday, April 29, 2014

An Historical view in Tula, Russia

 
Tula is an industrial city located almost 200 kilometres south of Moscow.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to identify this building, which is still standing and in use. The caption on the back of the card is covered in a label.
 
I received this via Postcrossing and have to salute them.  It came without it's identifying number which meant I couldn't register it as received, so the sender wouldn't get credit.  I notified Postcrossing and within and hour or so, they had found the details and were able to send me the registration number.  Excellent service. 
 

1 comment:

  1. I tried using Google Translate on the words on the front of the card and came up with Tula Seminary. I googled that, and found an older picture of that building (I think!) on Wikipedia here (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tula_seminary.jpg) but that is all that I can find. Maybe some of your other readers can help more!

    I love mysteries :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment is like sending a postcard; we'd love to hear from you.